In 2016, the B.A. Rudolph Foundation expanded its support of women by creating a Sponsorship and Grants fund. This fund supports people, organizations, groups, events, projects or programs that are consistent with the mission and values of the B.A. Rudolph Foundation (provided they are used in accord with the Foundation’s Bylaws, see below).
Requests can be submitted year-round and will be considered on a case-by-case basis. There is no funding minimum or maximum. We do not fund sponsorship or grant proposals for costs related to tuition or internships, as we currently support those efforts through our Undergraduate Public Service, Graduate Public Service, STEM, and Clinton School of Public Service scholarship opportunities. We also do not accept study abroad or travel abroad requests.
The B.A. Rudolph Foundation is committed to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly dedicated to reaching and supporting a broad spectrum of qualified women who have diverse backgrounds, experiences, ability and perspectives. Dreamers, first-generation college students, LGBTQI individuals, people of color and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. As a progressive organization, we value freedom of choice, opportunity for all, respect to all, and cooperation among all in a complex world that requires multi-faceted solutions. We support individuals and organizations who share these same values.
Read about our Past Sponsorship/Grant Recipients
- 2016 Sponsorship and Grant recipients
- 2017 Sponsorship and Grant recipients
- 2018 Sponsorship and Grant recipients
Request for Sponsorship, Donation or Grant
To request funding, click the “Submit a Sponsorship/Grant Proposal” button below. Please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Name and contact information for individual or organization submitting proposal.
- Please provide background and a description of the program or organization. (250 words or less)
- How does the program benefit women and/or the community? (250 words or less)
- Please describe your funding needs, including how much is needed/requested, other resources or fundraising strategies, and how the funds will be used. (250 words or less)
- Is there a deadline by which funds are needed? If yes, when?
- Please specify deliverables/outputs/outcomes of the project that can be shared with us (such as, but not limited to, photos, videos, survey results, reports, letters from grant recipients, etc.).
While applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, please give us as much time as possible to review your request. If you have any questions, email Kristen Hecht at firstname.lastname@example.org.Submit a Sponsorship/Grant Proposal
B.A. Rudolph Foundation Bylaws
Excerpt from Bylaws, Article 2. Purpose, 2.1 Authorized Activities:
“The Corporation is organized as a nonstock corporation exclusively for the following purposes: To provide a progressive source of funding to advance and enrich the lives of women and girls through educational and general support. This funding can take the form of internship stipends, academic scholarships, micro enterprise, assistance to battered or impoverished women, reproductive support (including, but not limited to, abortion), support for women artists, those seeking higher education, and organizations with progressive mandates.”
Excerpt from Bylaws, Article 2. Purpose, 2.2 Restrictions on Activities:
“The Corporation’s primary activity shall not consist of performing particular services for individual persons. Except as otherwise provided by Section 501(h) of the Code, no substantial part of the activities of the Corporation shall consist of carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting, to influence legislation. The Corporation shall not participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distributing of statements), any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office.”